Nothing heavy this time, just an up-date on the miscellaneous events of the first couple of weeks of 2012 :).
1. In case you haven’t noticed it yet all over my Facebook and elsewhere – the MAD DAWN Challenge project is up and running :). You can find out more about it here. We are going to shoot the intro video early/mid February in Amsterdam (dates to be specified) and you can meet us both there, if you wish!
In the meantime, don’t forget to friend and/or follow us on Foursquare (newest and shiniest addition to our network!), subscribe to project up-dates via e-mail on our website, join our ginormous (and growing) LinkedIn network, give us a thumbs up on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, add us on Google+, Flickr, subscribe to our YouTube, TELL EVERYONE ABOUT THE PROJECT, and maybe even throw a dime to our cause on GoFundMe or directly on our home page.
2. I’m starting to get a decent grip on driving. The only trouble still is multitasking on short-notice :). In addition, my dyslexia kicked in big time when I actually turned left when the instructor said to turn right. I warned him to tell me ahead of time, as left/right verbal commands often get mixed up by my brain and I need time to figure out what ‘left’ and ‘right’ actually refers to… Oh well, so far it was only once :D.
3. Everything broke!!! Almost in one weekend! Last weekend my electric kettle stopped working, the heating system thermostat went kaput, the actual heater’s electric panel got some contact un-fused (this all resulted in my house slowly descending into a 4-day ice age, as temperature dropped to around 12 degrees inside…). The landlord dropped by and replaced the thermostat, but the electric panel needs to be fixed separately. Good thing is we found out that hitting it makes the contact catch back up and turns the heating back on, so it’s at least a temporary solution that enables to keep the place warm :). Oh the shower head and shower hose ka-boomed as well. In short – it was a fun weekend :).
4. I have a new super cool fan! :D. Well, maybe not, but I recently got a comment on my “Happy 2012 – be vulnerable!” entry that showed me much love :D. Am a bit too lazy to re-post it all here, but I created a public note on Facebook with the original comment, my reply and consequent reply back to me by that same person… You will see why I had to delete it from the actual blog comment section :D.
5. It actually SNOWED here today! Like, properly snowed, covering cars and streets with a layer of white! First time proper snow in the city – woohoo!!!
It all melted off in a few hours and changed to rain instead, but we had at the very least some precious minutes of real winter :).
That’s all from my corner of the universe for now!