About in shade
A cocktail of personality traits hard to digest for some but ultimately soothing for those who can. I observe, enjoy, travel, interact, photograph, dance, contemplate, write and love my way through this life's countless occurrences. This blog is a way to share with the world and its people some of the treasures they give me every day.
- End-of-the-Year Musings 2015: Magic, Gratitude and Memories.
- The Holiday Check-list of the Non-celebrating Bunch :)
- Lost in Time…
- Scandinavia in a Week – Because, Well, Why Not? Amsterdam-Copenhagen-Kjerag-Stockholm-Helsinki, September 2013
- I suspect I’m not entirely right in the head…
- A Devilish Week in Spain – from Les Santes in Mataro to a Sunrise at Shoko Club in Barcelona.
- 60km on a cross bike… Because why not? Aka ‘day trip to Lhota lake’.
- Laia: Zoukeira who cannot be trusted? Decide for yourselves, but you’ve been warned.
- How to lose a client in 10 seconds
- Call me, baby!
- Just another manic Wednesday…
- We can do the “Harlem Shake”! Aka “just another normal weekend”…
- Swans and philosophy: the little things in life.
Category Archives: Dance
Well, I didn’t make it to Croatia this year but instead I made it to Spain, and that worked out absolutely great :). This time the reason for going was the 1st ZoukDevils and Friends Summer Weekend (more about the … Continue reading
Sometimes people shoot themselves in the foot when they think they are shooting others. This little story is from two Tango parties, but it will relate to any type of customer-seller relationship, you’ll see :). A few weeks ago I … Continue reading
Maybe it wasn’t as extreme as in the movie “Terminal” (watch if you haven’t seen yet!), but I did get to bond with Schipol airport a bit closer than I expected to over the past week… I swear it wasn’t … Continue reading
Well, maybe not as crazy as some, but I’m doing fine on the travel tales that can be fit into the ‘huh?’ category :). My latest and greatest were the trip to Italy and getting from Moscow to the Hague … Continue reading
I seem to go against many rules of nature in many ways, so this one may be yet another one of the cases: the more I dance, the worse it gets. Some of my dear dancing ‘fans’ may humbly disagree, … Continue reading
Words to live by from a Persian poet, Abol Sa’id Abolkheir: “A tamed mistress in the house is not of much use, She’ll give her heart to you and never look at another man. What’s needed is a dancer from … Continue reading
It may come through as rather surprising, especially in light of my recent anti-religion campaign that has thus far resulted in a general anti-Christian and anti-religious blog entry dealing with the matters of belief, but I have recently been spending … Continue reading
While this post certainly belongs into the dancing corner of in shade, it serves as an accurate introduction to myself. Hence, I am posting it also here in the general blog, so that you, dear readers, can get to know … Continue reading